Victorian Bushfire Appeal Relief Grants

Home > Our Services > VACCA Bushfire Recovery Program > Victorian Bushfire Appeal Relief Grants

Are you eligible for a one-off emergency relief payment?

VACCA can now provide you with a one-off payment from The Victorian Bushfire Appeal if your household has been affected by the 2019/2020 bushfires in North East Victoria. GEGAC provide this service for Gippsland.

Payment criteria is based on severity of impact as follows:

Impact Rating Payment Severity
Severe $4,500 Principal place of residence uninhabitable for extended period (more than 1 month); premises destroyed, or major structural repairs required.
Major $3,500 Principal place of residence uninhabitable for interim period (estimated > 1 week to < 1 month); moderate repairs required, access roads affected, utilities impacted.
Moderate $2,000 Principal place of residence impacted internally or externally. Includes disabling services such as septic tank damage and access problems for brief period (usually < 1 week). Includes significant damage to outbuildings, garages, sheds, equipment.
Minor $1,000 Principal place of residence impacted mostly externally with no residual effects, e.g. outbuildings damaged but repairable; some damage to outbuildings. Access to property may have been affected and emergency relief accommodation required.


Accessing support

Community members of Towong, Mansfield or Alpine Shires that wish to access this grant, please:

Community members of Gippsland should contact GEGAC directly:

More information

For queries about the support provided for your community contact Hannah Clancy, Bushfire Recovery Program Coordinator:

Download our Bushfire Appeal Relief Grants flyer.

To navigate to our VACCA Bushfire Recovery Program page, click here.


Bushfire Recovery Support Request


If you don't have a current phone number, please list the best contact number for us to reach you through.




Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this website may contain images, voices or names of deceased persons in photographs, film, audio recordings or printed material. To listen to our Acknowledgement of Country, click here.