Our new Bushfire Recovery Program will provide state-wide case management to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members impacted by the 2019/20 fires in the north-eastern part of Victoria.
We will work alongside the Gippsland & East Gippsland Aboriginal Cooperative Ltd (GEGAC) who will provide services to the Gippsland area.
Affected Victorians can access a support coordinator by contacting their local council, visiting a recovery centre or calling 1800 560 760.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members who are impacted by the fires and require support:
- based in Gippsland, contact GEGAC via email@example.com
- outside of Gippsland, submit a request for support here or call 03 9742 8399
If you have any other queries, contact VACCA via firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is part of the new Victorian Bushfires Case Support Program funded by the Victorian State Government.
Victorian Bushfire Appeal Relief Grants
Are you eligible for a one-off emergency relief payment?
VACCA can now provide you with a one-off payment from The Victorian Bushfire Appeal if your household has been affected by the 2019/2020 bushfires in North East Victoria. Find out more here.
- VicEmergency bushfire recovery information
- Disaster Recovery Assistance Information Sheet: Individuals
- Disaster Recovery Assistance Information Sheet: Businesses
- Intake Support Resources Fact Sheet
Other useful contacts
- In an emergency: Triple zero (000)
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Mental Health Crisis: 1300 881 104