Here at VACCA, we’re committed to the continued safety and wellbeing of our clients, families and community who have been affected by COVID-19.
To help you and your loved ones stay safe, healthy and strong — and to know where to go if you need support — we’ve gathered important information and resources for you below.
Reducing Risk of COVID-19
To help maintain the safety and wellbeing of our children, families and community, it's critical to know how to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 and to stop its spread to others.
- Wear a face mask indoors when in contact with people who are immunocompromised, or if you are immunocompromised yourself.
- Regularly wash or sanitise your hands.
- Keep a full arm-span (about 1.5 metres) between yourself and other people where possible.If necessary, avoid crowds and large gatherings.
- Avoid visiting vulnerable people, such as those in aged care facilities or hospitals, or people with compromised immune systems due to illness or medical treatment
Getting vaccinated helps to protect you, your family and community from the spread of COVID-19. Vaccinations and booster shots are recommended for everyone 5 years and older.
For more information on vaccines:
- Contact VAHS: Fitzroy on (03) 9419 3000 or Epping on (03) 8592 3920
- Call the Coronavirus Hotline: 1800 675 398
- Find a GP, pharmacy or local vaccination hub
Stay up to date with the latest information relating to COVID-19:
If you think you may have COVID-19 or need support regarding vaccination, call the National Coronavirus hotline: 1800 675 398