The Nugel Program is the first of its kind in Australia where an Aboriginal organisation is taking full responsibility for Aboriginal children and young people on Children's Court orders.
What we offer
Currently, we are authorised to make decisions for certain Aboriginal children and young people on court orders offering:
- Case planning and cultural planning
- Support for the child’s out of home care arrangement
- Case management
- Relevant legal services
- Referral to and coordination with VACCA’s and other services
- Support children remain with their families or be safely reunited.
Nugel remains responsible for the children and young people’s best interests through placement changes, changes of protection orders, and involvement with other VACCA programs. If children or young people cannot be at home, we will involve parents and family in planning and decision making for their future.
We are dedicated to:
- Bringing family together and listening to your story
- Using family relationships to strengthen identity, culture and build resilience
- Providing support to families to be safe and stay together
- Listening to family’s ideas
- Being led by families in relation to how they would like to spend time together
- Advocating for safe reunification for families who are not together
- Connecting to culture connection and helping children grow up strong, culture starts with family.
Participation in our Nugel Program is by referral. Please get in touch for any questions you may have.