Over the course of a full day, our one-day Cultural Awareness Training provides participants with introductory knowledge of Aboriginal culture in Victoria and respectful ways of working with Aboriginal children, young people, families and workers in the child and family welfare sector.
- Aboriginal life before and after colonisation
- Stolen Generations, grief, loss, trauma and other effects of history
- Resilience of Aboriginal people
- Aboriginal culture overview
- Aboriginal family roles and responsibility
- Understanding culture can be complicated
- Working respectfully with Aboriginal children, families and colleagues
We offer training for workplaces, organisations and government departments across various sectors, prioritising the Victorian Child and Family Services sector.
Currently our training dates are fully booked. If you would like to make a booking request for our Cultural Awareness Training, you can register at our Cultural Awareness Training wait list and we will contact you when a spot becomes available.