When it comes to foster care it is not a one size fits all approach. We encourage people from different backgrounds, experiences and family types to consider becoming a foster carer. Our foster carers are:
- Single, married, de facto, or in a same-sex relationship
- Renting or own their own home
- Working full time, part time or stay at home
- From a diverse range of cultures, with a diverse range of life experiences
- Dedicated to maintaining and supporting children’s connection with their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander family, community and culture
- Committed to meeting the needs of the children and young people they care for
- Committed to attending ongoing therapeutic, cultural awareness and other training
To be a foster carer with VACCA, you must:
- Be aged 21 years or over
- Have good physical and emotional health
Interested in becoming a foster carer?
Express your interest below and we will get in touch with you.