When it comes to foster care, it is not a one size fits all approach, and we encourage people from different backgrounds, experiences and family types to consider becoming a foster carer.
For example, our foster carers are:
- Single, married, de facto or same-sex relationship
- Renting or own their own home
- Working fulltime, part time or stay at home
- From a diverse range of cultures with a diverse range of life experience
- Dedicated to maintaining and supporting children’s connection with their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander family, community and culture
- Committed to meeting the needs of the children and young people they care for
- Committed to attending ongoing therapeutic, cultural awareness and other training
To be a foster carer with VACCA, you must:
- Be aged 21 years or over
- Have good physical and emotional health
Find out more
Interested in becoming a foster carer?
Express your interest below and we will get in touch with you.