At VACCA, we aim to have Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children placed in the care of their extended family or with members of their community. Where it is in their best interest, children and young people are reunited with their families as soon as possible.
Foster care at VACCA is about:
- Ensuring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people have a positive and nurturing family life experience that will support their cultural, social and emotional development.
- Providing a culturally safe home for children who cannot live with their birth families.
- Maintaining the child or young persons’ connections with their families and communities.
- Recognising and maintaining the child or young persons' Aboriginal identity and place in the community.
To help our foster carers provide the best care possible, we provide:
- Extensive training
- 24-hour caseworker support
- Fortnightly allowance to cover expenses for children and young people they care for.
Find out more