Use routines to help kids to feel more settled as they head back to school. Things like packing school bags before bed, or getting uniforms ready the night before can help your kids feel ready for the day ahead.
Tips for starting Kinder or School
Starting kinder or moving from kinder to primary school is a big step! You can help your kids get ready to make the transition by talking about and practicing some of the new things they will do. To help parents and guardians to get ready for these milestones, we've put together these handy tip sheets:
- VACCA - Tips for Starting Kinder in Victoria
- VACCA - Tips for Starting School in Victoria
- Smiling Mind - Stepping Back To School booklet
It’s normal for kids to feel a little bit nervous after so many disruptions to their learning. Use simple mindfulness activities to help them focus and feel more positive about heading back to school.
Support is always available if your child is struggling with returning to school. You can speak to their school’s support officer about extra assistance while they adjust.
Find out more about the different supports available for parents, carers and children with our handy information sheets:
- Information about Student Support Groups
- Information about Education Needs Analysis process
- What is an Individual Education Plan?
- Education Roles and Responsibilities in Out Of Home Care