We have moved our powerful and successful face to face 1 day cultural awareness workshop to a series of online zoom sessions. These include 3 x 2 hour live facilitated sessions with an additional learners guide that includes a series of readings prompting questions and videos to assist participants on their continued learning journey.
Our Online Cultural Awareness Training sessions support participants to learn about Aboriginal culture and history in Victoria, as well as culturally respectful ways of working and walking alongside Aboriginal people, families and communities.
Our sessions are held over Zoom — and small class numbers mean there is plenty of time to ask questions, interact and grow your knowledge in a supportive and engaging space.
Topics covered include:
• Aboriginal life before and after colonisation
• Stolen Generations, grief, loss, trauma and other effects of history
• Resilience of Aboriginal people
• Aboriginal culture overview
• Aboriginal family roles and responsibilities
• Understanding culture can be complicated
• Working respectfully with Aboriginal children, families and workers
Cultural Awareness is just as important as ever during the COVID19 pandemic, and an excess of free time is a great opportunity to learn. VACCA’s cultural awareness training is delivered by Aboriginal facilitators who have strong cultural knowledge and experience in the workplace.