Western VACCA is currently seeking expressions of interest to help shape our Horticulture Training Program.
Running two days per week, this community-focused program will provide 24 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 16+ with the opportunity to complete a horticulture qualification.
Program participants will have the opportunity to:
- Complete a Certificate II and/or IV in Horticulture
- Learn about food sustainability, how to grow fresh fruit, vegetables and traditional bush foods
- Learn about farm management, using machinery and environmentally controlled growing systems
- Support local communities by providing access to healthy food
- Join a culturally safe and supportive learning group
Register your interest!
We're calling for community input to help us shape this program. If you're interested in participating in our Horticulture Training Program and want to share your ideas on the types of food to grow, what to do with harvested produce or know of a horticulture technique you'd like included, we want to hear from you.
Please fill out our Expression of Interest form below to share your ideas:
For more information about this program, please contact:
Breanna Browning - ph. 0427 563 014 e. email@example.com
Lisa Saunders - ph. 0428 254 396 e. firstname.lastname@example.org