If you or anyone you know is in immediate danger – please call 000 now.
- Using their body to hurt you. Some examples include hitting, kicking, slapping, punching, biting and scratching.
- Throwing things at you.
- Choking you.
- Using weapons against you
- Physically restraining you
- Driving dangerously
- Threatening to harm your pets
- Other actions that hurt you or threaten you
- Always making fun of you or putting you down
- Making you feel shame in front of your friends or family
- Making you feel like you are not good enough
- Verbally yelling and/or swearing at you
- Making you feel frightened
- Threatening to harm themselves if you leave the relationship
- Forcing you to participate in sexual behaviour when you don’t want to. Some examples include forcing you to kiss, touch, have intercourse or engage in sexual behaviours with a third party against your wishes.
- Forcing you to watch pornography
- Taking photos of you without your clothes on your permission
- Insulting you with sexual comments
- Not letting you see your friends
- Preventing you or making you feel bad to spend time with your family
- Calling you all the time when you are out with your friends
- Stalking you and/or keeping you under surveillance
- Not allowing you to have your own spiritual or religious beliefs
- forcing you into a preferred spiritual or religious belief
- Making fun of your beliefs
- Using your beliefs as a way of controlling you.
- Not allowing you to identify with your cultural identity
- Not allowing you to participate in cultural events
- Belittles your culture and/or cultural beliefs
- Threatening to harm people you are close to
- Threats of abandonment
- Treating you like a slave
- Isolating you
- Excluding you
- Controls the family money
- Prevents you from accessing money and items you need
- Stands over for your money for their own habits or gains.
- Refuses to give you money for essential items (such as food, clothing, petrol, education)
- Refuses to give you money for social activities