Through our Support and Safety Hubs (also known as Orange Door) we help Victorian women, children, men and young people experiencing family violence. As an intake service we support and assist families with the wellbeing and development of their children. By connecting people directly to services, the hubs (Orange Door) provide a culturally appropriate coordinated response to a range of different needs and can refer people to various specialist services as well as culturally safe service options as needed.
What we offer
The hubs (Orange Door) network are designed to be safe and welcoming providing:
- A more visible contact point so that people know where to go for support and assistance
- Help for people to understand and identify family violence and child wellbeing issues
- A better understanding of risk, and plans to manage risk
- Specialist expertise in working with women, children and men
- An approach across the spectrum of prevention, early intervention and response
- Connection and coordination – the hubs link people to access the appropriate services
- A referral intake point for other specialist services.
Support and Safety hubs (Orange Door) operate in our Northern, Southern and Eastern regions. Please get in touch with your nearest VACCA office for assistance to connect you with a local Support and Safety (Orange Door) Hub. Find our locations and contact details here.