Your safety and wellbeing is our first priority at VACCA, and we have gathered some important advice and resources below to help reduce your risk of coronavirus, and stop it spreading to others.
Practice good hygiene
- Wear a face mask when you are indoors, and outside if you're not able to socially distance
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds
- Dry with paper towel or hand dryer
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep
- Purchase or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol
Practice physical distancing
- Keep a full arm-span (about 1.5 metres) between yourself and other people where possible
- Avoid crowds and mass gatherings where it is difficult to keep the appropriate distance away from others
- Avoid small gatherings in enclosed spaces, for example non-essential business meetings
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging, or kissing other people
- Avoid visiting vulnerable people, such as those in aged care facilities or hospitals, or people with compromised immune systems due to illness or medical treatment
If you suspect you have coronavirus
- Get tested for COVID-19. Find out how here.
- Please stay at home and self quarantine (stay away from others)
- Call the dedicated hotline: 1800 675 398.
As we are all spending more time at home and practicing physical distancing, our community is finding new, creative and virtual ways of staying connected to each other and culture during this difficult time.
- Phone or video call a friend, family member or loved one
- Visit Deadly Story for a range of resources to help stay connected to culture
To stay up to date with the latest information relating to COVID-19, visit:
Need support now?