There is a free home delivery service for medicine for people who are sick, vulnerable or self-isolating.
People who are eligible include:
- People who are sick,
- People who are self-isolating,
- Anybody over 70,
- First Nations people over the age of 50,
- People with chronic health conditions or whose immune systems are compromised, and
- Women who are pregnant or have a new baby.
How it works:
- Pharmacies can now use Australia Post to mail essential medications to your door,
- The service is for PBS medications; however, you can ask the pharmacy to add other over-the-counter medications to the delivery,
- You can have a delivery once per month, and
- To order, call your local pharmacy (different pharmacies will have different ordering systems).
You can find more information here.